- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
Soldiers allegedly kill woman and student for insulting officer’s girlfriend in Sokoto
Tragedy struck at the Mabera area of Sokoto metropolis after soldiers from the Nigerian Air Force stormed the area and killed two residents on Sunday night.
According to eye witnesses, the crisis began when a lady, said to be the girlfriend of an officer, was allegedly insulted by youths in the neighborhood.
Provoked by the youths’ behaviour, the lady reported the matter to her officer boyfriend, who deployed a truckload of air craftsmen to deal with the culprits.
Reports gathered that the soldiers trailed a student, Abdulsalam Lawan, who fled the siege to a nearby house, killing him and a 40-year-old mother of seven, Maryam Abdulrahman.
Meanwhile, Tragedy struck in Ehime Mbano local council area of Imo State, following the alleged murder of 65-year old Mark Munuhawu by his first son, Ikechukwu Munuhawu.
Eyewitness account disclosed that Ikechukwu allegedly used a shovel to inflict the deadly act, which eventually killed his 65-year old father.
According to the Imo villager, “Ubia, like the deceased man was called by everyone in the community, had an open confrontation with his son, Ikechukwu”.
It was gathered that as the confrontation was intensified,Ikechukwu, wore a violence spirit and slapped his father.