- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
Buhari’s second tenure will be better for Nigerians, says Oshiomhole
All Progressives Congress (APC) National Chairman Adams Oshiomhole is confident that Nigerians will experience better economic growth during President Muhammadu Buhari’s second tenure.
Oshiomhole gave the assurance when he hosted a delegation from the Vietnamese government yesterday in his Abuja office.
The APC national chairman assured that the Buhari administration was doing necessary things to improve the Power sector, which he said would revive the Manufacturing sector.
He said Nigeria is blessed with a huge market advantage, pointing at the country’s population of over 200 million people as an advantage.
Oshiomhole noted that the population has its challenge of making the government to cater to the needs of the people.
His guests were led by the Deputy Chief of Office of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam, His Excellency, Nguyen Hai Ninh.
The APC national chairman noted that the Buhari administration, since inception, started the fight against corruption and to retrieve the wealth of the nation from the hands of just a few to the majority.
“With a population of 200 million people, we have the advantage of a huge market. But we also have a huge challenge of ensuring an economic growth that will make the 200 million people comfortable.
“Before the coming of President Buhari, we missed a lot of opportunities. We had challenges in power supply and, of course, we have our own share of security challenges. The President had to fight corruption so that a few people cannot hold the wealth of this nation. Nigerians voted overwhelmingly for our President, so we are going to take advantage of this second term to ensure that we accelerate economic growth so that we will meet the needs of our people.
Nguyen Hai Ninh said the team was visiting to establish official relationship between the APC administration and the Communist Party of Vietnam.
The team leader solicited the assistance of Nigeria to settle the crisis between Vietnam and China over the disputed South China sea.
He urged Nigeria to insist that the dispute be settled according to the United Nations (UN) established laws.