- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Police arrest two fake SARS Operatives in Lagos
The Lagos Police Command has confirmed the arrest of two fake operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
According to the police spokesman, DSP Bala Elkana, the two – Ikechukwu Victor, 45 and Emeka Ewuzien, 45 of 2 Igi Street, Bariga and 30 Okuta road, Ladylac, Bariga, – were arrested while going to effect an arrest at Bakare Daudu Market in Ifako, Lagos.
On questioning, police said the duo claimed to be members of the Police Community Relations Committee (PCRC) from Victoria Island.
Elkana said the Divisional Police Officer of Ifako Division, Lasisi Iyunade, a Chief Superintendent (CSP), led the officers that arrested them on Wednesday.
He said: “CSP Lasisi Iyunade accosted the men dressed in black T-Shirts with the inscription SARS boldly written along Julius Kadri Street ifako, Gbagada.
They claimed to be SARS Operatives, on their way to effect an arrest at Bakare Daudu market. On further questioning, they claimed to be members of Police Community Relations Committee (PCRC) from Victoria Island Lagos.
Two fake PCRC ID card bearing same name was recovered from them. Suspects were charged to Court and remanded in Kirikiri Correctional Home.”