- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
Gov Sanwo-Olu presents 2020 budget to Assembly
Lagos Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Friday presented a total budget size of N1.168trillion for 2020 to the House of Assembly.
The budget estimates consist of N723.6billion as capital expenditure and N441.8billion for recurrent expenditure, which is a ratio of 62-48 per cent.
Tagged budget of re-awakening, the governor said there were needs for sacrifices to re-invent Lagos in order to take the state to a much higher level.
The budget estimate will be Sanwo-Olu’s inaugural presentation to the state assembly since assuming office on May 29.
The budget was proposed by former Gov. Akinwinmi Ambode on Feb. 5 with an estimate of N852.31 billion.