- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
Two killed in Osun as Hausa, Yoruba labourers clash at mining site
TENSION in Sabo Area of Ile-ife as Yoruba and Hausa labourers clash at a mining site situated at Aruwa village in Atakumosa Local Government Area of of the state.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that two people have reportedly dead owing to the clash in which one was said to be of Northern extraction, while the other victim is a Yoruba man.
According to eyewitnesses, “The death of that Yoruba labourer is what is presently creating tension amongst Northerners living in Sabo area of Ile-Ife, going by their experience in 2017.
“Since many of those Northern labourers reside at Sabo, there is an apprehension that the Yorubas might want to revenge the death of their kinsman the way it happened then, which made those northerners to come out with weapons to defend themselves and their property.
“Although , the police responded promptly by deploying it’s personnel to the area, which for now doused the building-up tension “, the source said.
However, sporadic gunshots were heard in the area, leading to tension, which made many business owners to hurriedly close for business within the axis.
A resident, however, confirmed to newsmen that the gunshots were released into the air by the security operatives deployed to the area.
The Police spokesperson for Osun command, SP Folasade Odoro disclosed that “Commissioner of Police has deployed men to the area. The situation is under control. No panic please.”