- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
Teacher left with injury after being assaulted by primary school pupil
A grade 4 pupil of Sakhile Primary School in Heidelberg, Gauteng has reportedly assaulted his teacher in South Africa leaving her bloodied.
The Spokesperson of Gauteng’s basic education, Steve Mabona confirmed that the teacher was treated at a local hospital and discharged same day.
According to reports, “It is alleged that a grade 4 learner threw a pencil case towards an educator while she was busy at her table. Unfortunately, it hit her in the face.
“We can confirm that she is recuperating at home. Our employee wellness officials are in constant liaison with the educator for necessary support,” Mabona said.
It was learnt that the school authority did not allow the police to intervene rather transferred the case to the governing council.
According to reports, the pupil has already been suspended, as it was further gathered that the matter will be heard after November 20.
“Learner ill-discipline will not be tolerated in our environment, which must always be conducive for teaching and learning,” Mabona said.