- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
- BREAKING: Kidnappers of female students caught, lynched in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Three female students kidnapped in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Five inmates in Ikoyi prison electrocuted to death
- BREAKING: Court upholds IGP’s power to recruit
Facebook user, Ugochukwu Tony Oputa posted photos of a sculpture of a female Corps member which looks like a real human being. The sculpture was made by Arigbede Ojo Olaropo, a talented artist, who just completed his national youth service in Edo state.
“This should pass as one of the most realistic sculptures ever made around these parts. From the accurate proportion &scaling of the mould, the painting, proper shading of the highlights & mid tones, the detailing, etc.
Up until recently I still had my doubts that it’s was an actual statue, was thinking it could be a pun. This statue was made by a corp member Arigbede Ojo Olaropo, a Batch C, Stream 2 Corps member with state code ED/18C/3549, that just completed his service year at Benin City, Edo State.
He is an art instructor, he is into Figure Modelling, Paper Modelling, Metal Art, Junks art, Water Fountain, Building of Tree House and lots more. Oputa wrote.
See photos below: