- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
20-year-old Nigerian boy arrested for allegedly killing his mother in US hotel room
Men of Austin Police Department have arrested a 20-year-old student of University of Texas for allegedly killing his mother.
The student identified as Eyitoluwa Olaleye was arrested after the police responded to an emergency call made by the Holiday Inn Express at 805 Neches St. Just before 5 a.m on Wednesday, November 6.
According to reports, the 48-year-old mother, Kehinde Olayeye had flown to Austin from Georgia with her sister to visit Eyitoluwa on Tuesday November 5, after he was released from Dell Seton medical center where he underwent a psychiatric evaluation for touching someone inappropriately at University of Texas library.
Kehinde’s sister told the police that the suspect kept saying “I pray that God brings us together” on phone before his friends told his mother what happened on campus, prompting the unplanned visit to Austin. His aunt also said Eyitoluwa told them that the hospital was trying to hold him because of a mental issue, but he “just told them what they wanted to hear so they would let him go.”
A security guard at the Holiday Inn told investigators he heard loud noises coming from Eyitoluwa’s room around 4:30 a.m and asked them to keep it down. But he said the noises grew louder and it sounded like people were fighting and banging on the wall.
The policemen found him lying on the back of his mother who was face down on the floor. “A bloody pillow was observed inside the room,” the affidavit revealed. Austin-Travis County EMS medics tried to resuscitate Kehinde Olayeye but she was pronounced dead at 6:12 a.m.
Eyitoluwa who had wounds on his left elbow and bicep, a swelling on the right side of his face and a bruise on the inside of his right bicep told the police he is a junior at UT and went to class on Tuesday. He told investigators he was in class at UT on Tuesday, played basketball at the rec center, and then went to the UT Tower to pray.
The University of Texas student also told investigators that he remembered being taken to the hotel by his aunt and mother, lying on the bed with his mother who prayed for him before finding himself at the back of a police car with no idea of how he got there.
He however told the police hospital staff that he has never been diagnosed as bipolar or manic. When told his mother was dead, he allegedly said he must have killed her because “no one else was there.”
Eyitoluwa Olayeye is currently charged with aggravated assault and a second-degree felony as it was further gathered that his late mother suffered a deep skull hemorrhaging, hemorrhaging around the neck, lacerations to her inner mouth and petechial hemorrhaging, as well as soft signs of strangulation.