- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Men of the Department of State Security (DSS) have reportedly battered a journalist working with Guardian newspaper while covering the Free Sowore protest in Abuja.
The journalist identified as Richard Oludare was injured when officials of department of state services came to disperse the protesters.
WITHIN NIGERIA had earlier reported that protesters gathered at the DSS headquarters to demand for the immediate release of publisher, Omoyele Sowore who has been in DSS detention despite fulfilling his bail conditions.
See more photos: