- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Officials of the Department of State Services (DSS) have dispersed protesters who stormed the headquarters of the service over the continued detention of the convener of the #RevolutionNow protest, Omoyele Sowore.
The protesters had stormed the DSS office on Tuesday morning but were met with resistance by the officials who started shooting sporadically to disperse them.
WITHIN NIGERIA recalls that Mr Sowore was last month granted bail by the Federal High Court in his ongoing trial for alleged treason and alleged plot to overthrow the present government. He met the stringent bail conditions on November 6, but the SSS has declined to release him.
Meanwhile, the demonstrators have been asking the SSS to comply with a federal court order for Mr Sowore to be released from custody.