- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Gunmen allegedly abduct two lecturers in Kaduna
Unknown gunmen have reportedly abducted two lecturers of tertiary institutions in Kaduna state.
The lecturers identified as Dr Adamu Chinoko of the Department of Agriculture at the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and Dr Umar Chinoko of the Department of Microbiology at Kaduna Polytechnic were kidnapped in Kebbi state.
The two brothers from Zuru Emirate of Kebbi State were reportedly kidnapped last week in Mahuta community of Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna state.
Though the police is yet to confirm the report, spokesman of Kebbi State Indigenes Association in Kaduna State, Garba Muhammad told Channels TV that Adamu was the first to be kidnapped by the gunmen on Thursday November 7. A demand of N2 million ransom and a motorcycle was reportedly made by the kidnappers.
Umar was however abducted after he showed up to deliver the ransom on Sunday November 10. Garba who disclosed that the families of the victims have contacted the Anti-Kidnapping Unit of the State Police Command, said the kidnappers are now demanding a N5 million ransom for their release.