- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Jack Ma, China’s second richest man and founder of online e-commerce juggernaut, Alibaba has arrived in Nigeria to attend the first Nigeria Digital Economy Summit, holding in Abuja.
His arrival in the country, along with a large delegation of Chinese businessmen has elicited a lot of interest among Nigerians, with the Chinese billionaire, worth close to $38billion, trending on Twitter Nigeria.
Earlier today, he paid a visit to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo. Laolu’s Akande, the VP’s senior special assistant on the media tweeted:
“VP Osinbajo receives Jack Ma, founder, http://AliBaba.com this morning at the Presidential Villa. Praising Nigeria’s place & role in the continent & globally, Jack Ma recalled his earlier meeting with VP in Davos, where he got the IV to visit Nigeria-Digital Economy in focus”.
See photos below: