- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Police rescue another kidnapped 4-year-old boy in Kano State
A 4-year-old boy identified as Abdulrahman Dalha who was kidnapped at Zangon Rimi quarters in Ungoggo Local Government Area of the state by the Kano State Police Command.
In a statement released and made available to newsmen by the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Abdullahi Haruna confirmed the rescue of the boy.
According to Haruna, “a complaint was received on Nov. 10 at about 1500hrs at Zango Police Division that unknown persons have kidnapped one Abdulrahman Dalha, a four-year-old boy of Zango quarters, Ungoggo LGA of Kano State, demanding N4 million as ransom.
He said the command’s Anti-kidnapping team of Operation Puff-Adder was immediately mobilised and directed to track down, arrest and bring the perpetrators to book within 24 hours.
He said the operatives swung into action and arrested the principal suspect at Zangon Dakata quarters while planning to collect the ransom.
The Police spokesman said the principal suspect, Anas Isa, 22, confessed to the commission of the crime and led Puff-Adder operatives to the house of his aunty at Inusawa village in Ungoggo Local Government Area where the kidnapped victim was rescued.
“His accomplice, Umar Hassan popularly known as Liman of Zangon Rimi, a relative to the victim was apprehended. The suspects will be charged to court as soon as investigation was concluded,“ he said.
He,therefore, called on the residents of the state to continue to cooperate with the police by giving timely information for prompt response.