- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
My killing costume is white hijab, I’ve killed 4 recently, says 20-year-old female Eiye cultist
A 20-year-old woman, Mariam Abiola, arrested by police operatives attached to Ilasa Division, Lagos, on Monday said she killed four people between December last year and last week.
Mariam Abiola, who said she joined the Eiye confraternity after fleeing from her parent’s home at Abeokuta, Ogun State, told reporters she usually wore wore Jalabilia and hijab to assassinate her targets to cover the gun.
According to her, she was an armourer for the cult group as well as an execution, adding that they usually gave her the picture of a target and identify the person’s house.
Abiola said she was paid N10,000 for each of the four persons she killed for her group at Ilasa, adding that one Sadiq, taught her how to shoot a gun.
She said: ”I ran away from my house in Lafenwa Abeokuta to Lagos to look for work. I met one Mr. Sodiq when I got to Lagos. He took me to his house at Ilasamaja and initiated me into Eiye cult group.
“He took me to an herbalist, who gave me a black substance to eat. He told me that their work was about killing people. He gave me a gun and taught me how to shoot. I learnt how to shoot by shooting on the wall.
“I shot on the wall three times before I learnt how to shoot. Brother Sodiq gave three of us guns and pictures of persons to kill. He trained three of us. Two boys and myself.
Read Also: Eight nabbed as suspected cultists clash
“I have killed four persons. Each time that I want to go for the killing, I usually wear a white gown and a white veil (Hijab). Brother Sodiq usually showed us the target’s house.
“We go to the house at night. The two boys will scale the fence and open the gate for me. We go straight to the apartment and shoot at the target at close range. None of our targets survived. I killed one guy at Fadeyi area of Lagos, another one at Hassan in Ilasa, one at Ajeh. “Each time we killed someone, brother Sodiq would pay me N10,000 but he would pay the others N20,000 each. I do not feel bad after killing anyone because I see it as a job I paid to do. ”
Parading the suspect, Police Commissioner Imohimi Edgal advised parents to monitor their wards.
He said: “It is worrisome. Her confessions are startling, chronicling the number of killings. Apart from being an assassin, she was also an armourer for the gang.”