- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
PDP rejects Yahaya Bello’s LG result
The Peoples Democratic Party has rejected declared results from Governor Yahaya Bello’s local government, Okene Local Government Area of Kogi Central.
The collation officer of the local government, Professor Olanrewaju Samuel, had declared that Bello polled 112,764 votes to defeat his closest rivals, Musa Wada of the PDP and Natasha Akpoti of SDP, who both scored 139 votes and 50 votes respectively.
Samuel declared the results and also noted that said the election in Okene was peaceful.
But the agent of PDP at the collation centre said there were cases of ballot box snatching and violence. The collation officer insisted his submission was based on the reports from electoral officers.
The PDP agent, however, rejected the results adding that there was no credible election in the local. He also said the results from the LG were computed ahead of the election and that no PDP agent was admitted to any polling unit in Okene.
Meanwhile, the APC agent said reports by different security agencies showed there was no violence in Okene.