- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
INEC Declares Kogi Senatorial Election Inconclusive
The Kogi West Senatorial District election has been declared inconclusive by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Mr Smart Adeyemi polled 80,118 votes and Dino Melaye polled 59,548 votes. The lead margin is 20,570 which is lower than the 43,127 registered voters in 53 polling units of 20 registration areas in the zone.
Professor Olayinde Lawal, the returning officer who declared the election inconclusive said that he is constrained by law to declare a winner because of the lead margin between the leading candidates.
He added that INEC will announce a new date for the conduct of a supplementary election in the 53 polling units before a winner can be returned.