- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
Atiku reveals why Jonathan is Happy with APC victory in Bayelsa
The Governor of Kebbi State, Atiku Abubakar has revealed why former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan is happy with the victory of David Lyon in the Bayelsa Governorship election.
Atiku disclosed that Jonathan is happy because the election is very transparent and reflect the wishes of the people.
The National Electoral Commission (INEC), had declared David Lyon the winner of the Bayelsa Governorship Election.
Lyon scored a total of 352,552 votes to defeat his closest rival and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Nigeria’s main opposition party, Duoye Diri, who polled 143,172 votes.
After the election, Governor Atiku alongside other chieftains of the APC paid a visit to the home of the former Nigerian leader.
The delegation of APC leaders also met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Monday.
Speaking to State House correspondents, Atiku said despite being in another party, Jonathan was pleased because the victory of the APC was transparent.