- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Afon representing Pengana Constituency in the Plateau State House of Assembly, was said to have slumped and died on Sunday afternoon at his residence in Jos, the state capital.
The APC Secretary in the state, Bashir Sati confirmed the death of the lawmaker, whom he described as “a gentleman to the core, loving and a dedicated member of the party who served the state diligently.”
Late Afon was elected into the Plateau State House of Assembly in 2015 to represent Pengana Constituency of Bassa Local Government Area and was re-elected in the election that was held March 9, 2015, before his demise.
The late legislator is survived by his wife and four children.