- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
- BREAKING: Customs orders complete border import, export ban
- BREAKING: Aisha Buhari leaves UK for Nigeria
Afon representing Pengana Constituency in the Plateau State House of Assembly, was said to have slumped and died on Sunday afternoon at his residence in Jos, the state capital.
The APC Secretary in the state, Bashir Sati confirmed the death of the lawmaker, whom he described as “a gentleman to the core, loving and a dedicated member of the party who served the state diligently.”
Late Afon was elected into the Plateau State House of Assembly in 2015 to represent Pengana Constituency of Bassa Local Government Area and was re-elected in the election that was held March 9, 2015, before his demise.
The late legislator is survived by his wife and four children.