- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Afon representing Pengana Constituency in the Plateau State House of Assembly, was said to have slumped and died on Sunday afternoon at his residence in Jos, the state capital.
The APC Secretary in the state, Bashir Sati confirmed the death of the lawmaker, whom he described as “a gentleman to the core, loving and a dedicated member of the party who served the state diligently.”
Late Afon was elected into the Plateau State House of Assembly in 2015 to represent Pengana Constituency of Bassa Local Government Area and was re-elected in the election that was held March 9, 2015, before his demise.
The late legislator is survived by his wife and four children.