- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Baseball star Felipe Vazquez faces 21 new child sex-related charges
Shortly after the arrest of the baseball pitcher for sexual assault, Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher named Felipe Vazquez, 28, is now facing 21 new counts in Westmoreland County.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the Venezuelan professional baseball pitcher was charged with 11 counts of child pornography, along with 10 counts of unlawful contact with a minor in his second preliminary hearing on Tuesday, November 19.
According to a police affidavit, police found an iPhone XS and a MacBook Pro at Vazquez’s Pittsburgh apartment. On those devices, detectives said they saw seven photos and three videos of an underage girl in “various stages of nudity.”
Vazquez was arrested in September in Allegheny County on charges out of Florida before charges from Westmoreland County were also announced.
He admitted to exchanging sexually explicit pictures with the 13-year-old victim and driving to her home in Scottdale, where he attempted to have sex with her in his car about two years ago, officials said. The girl is now 15 years old and lives in Florida.
According to an affidavit from Westmoreland County, Vazquez admitted to investigators the victim “looked too young and that she appeared to be 16 years of age or younger.” Police said Vazquez told them he initially refused to communicate with her due to her age.