- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Teacher performs anal sex with 9-year-old pupil in Cross River
A school teacher, identified as Samuel John Ikpeme, has been arrested by the Nigeria Police for sodomising a 9-year-old boy in Calabar, Cross River State capital.
According to report Ikpeme has been allegedly having anal sex with the boy (name withheld) for over a year.
The victim is a pupil in the school the suspect teaches, situated along Parliamentary Road, in Calabar Municipality local government area.
Sources within his school disclosed that the victim started the school in April, 2018, when his parents moved in to Akai Efa, and few weeks after, the suspect started sodomising him.
The matter lingered until a Child Rights Activist and the Principal Counsel of Basic Rights Council Initiative (BRCI), Barr. James Ibor came to the rescue of the minor.
Ibor, while addressing newsmen said that the suspect had threatened to kill the victim if he mentiond the act to his parents or anyone.
Ibor said, “The boy’s anus has been badly lacerated because his inner wear was also heavily covered with blood stains coming out from his anus.
“He has been taken to the hospital for further examination to determine the degree of damage as both semen and blood stains were seen on his underwear.
“I want to call on parents and guardians alike to always, as a matter of necessity, take a deeper look at their kids and wards, especially as it concerns their reaction and behaviour in and out of school.
“Parents must understand resentment and reaction by their kids about or towards any teacher, as well as anyone around them.”
“The boy has concealed the dastardly act from his parents for over a year because the teacher threatened to kill him if he ever tells anyone but this is a call for us to closely monitor our kids,” Ibor stated.
The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO in Cross River State, DSP Irene Ugbo, when contacted confirmed the report, adding that the suspect, Mr. Ikpeme was now cooling off in the police custody.
“We have arrested a teacher from a primary school in Calabar for sodomising a 9-year-old boy and he is currently being interrogated at the Area Command.
“Although he is denying, but there are hard evidence proving otherwise, and the matter will be transfer to state Criminal Investigation Department (CID) for further investigation so that he can be charged to court. It is a sad development. Parents must watch their children closely to spot changes in behaviour and other things,” Ugbo warned.