- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
A Federal High Court in Lagos on Friday, granted bail to suspected money launderer, Ismaila Mustapha, AKA Mompha.
Mompha was granted bail in the sum of N100m.
Recall that EFCC had arrested Mompha on October 19 for alleged internet fraud and money laundering recently at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja.
Mompha was arraigned for alleged N33billion fraud.
Following his arraignment at the Federal High Court, Ikoyi, Lagos by the EFCC, Mompha on Thursday dragged the EFCC before a High Court in Lagos.
Mompha instituted a fundamental rights enforcement suit against EFCC for detaining him beyond the constitutionally stipulated days without charging him to court.
In the commencement of trial on Monday, Mompha pleaded not guilty to a 14-count charge bordering on fraud offences.
Justice Mohammad Liman in ruling ordered that Mompha be remanded in prison custody
The court also adjourned till Friday for hearing of Mompha’s bail application and the commencement of his trial.