- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Lawal Idirisu retains Rep Seat in Ajaokuta rerun election
Hon Idirisu Lawal of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Saturday has been pronounced winner of the Ajaokuta Federal Constituency rerun election.
Lawal Idirisu polled 13,738 votes in the affected 22 polling units to defeat the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Aloysius Okino who recorded 9,176 votes.
Recall that the Appeal Court, in October sacked Lawal as member representing Ajaokuta constituency in the House of Representatives.
The court, in its ruling, ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct rerun elections in 22 polling units in the constituency. The appeal was filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)’s candidate, Aloysius Okino.
Before the rerun, Lawal led with just votes having gathered 9040 while Okino had 9035.
While reacting on the victory, Hon Idirisu Lawal commended INEC for conducting a credible free and fair re-run. He applauded the youths for their unalloyed support and prayers throughout the process.
Also congratulated Senator Smart Adeyemi who also emerged winner of the just concluded supplementary election in Kogi West.