Saturday, 23 May 2026
  • My Feed
  • My Interests
  • My Saves
  • History
  • Latest Updates
Subscribe
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • 🔥
  • FEATURES
  • POLITICS
  • SPECIAL REPORTS
  • ANALYSIS
  • SPORTS
  • NOLLYWOOD
  • EDUCATION
  • OPINION
  • BUSINESS
  • LIFESTYLE
  • HEALTH
  • TECHNOLOGY
  • PRESS RELEASE
Font ResizerAa
WITHIN NIGERIAWITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. All Rights Reserved.
World News

Coronavirus death toll exceeds 1,000

Last updated: February 11, 2020 7:16 pm
Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
Share
SHARE

Following the outbreak of Coronavirus in Wuhan, the provincial capital of Hubei, the death toll has exceeded 1,000 on Monday, February 10 as health workers around the world continue working hard to contain the flu-like virus.

China’s National Health Commission said the total number of deaths on the mainland reached 1,016 by midnight on Monday.  2,478 new cases of infection were also confirmed, bringing the total to 42,638.

Two senior health officials, Zhang Jin who is the party secretary of the health commission for Hubei and Ling Yingzi who is director of the Hubei Provincial Health Commission have also been removed from their posts as confirmed by the state media on Tuesday February 11.

The health workers were sacked after Chinese President, Xi Jinping visited health facilities in Beijing. Hong Kong and the Philippines have each reported one death stemming from the virus.

Recall that the World Health Organization last month, declared coronavirus to be a health emergency of “international concern.”

Some countries including the U.S, Philippines, Japan and Australia have already enforced temporary travel restrictions as part of an effort to contain the virus.

20,000 medical personnel in China have been sent been sent to Wuhan and it was further gathered that more health workers are on their way. In a meeting chaired by Premier Li Keqiang on Monday, a group of leaders tasked with beating the virus said it would work to solve raw material and labour shortages and boost supplies of masks and protective clothing.

TAGGED:China's National Health CommissionCoronavirusWuhan
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
BySodiq Lawal Chocomilo
Follow:
Lawal Sodiq Adewale aka CHOCOMILO is an award winning journalist. Mail me at Chocomilo@withinnigeria.com. See full profile on Within Nigeria's TEAM PAGE
Previous Article Days after leaked nude video of Maryam Booth went viral, Kannywood reacts
Next Article 87% of poor Nigerians are in the north, World Bank declares
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

Metro

Atiku Abubakar’s son tests positive to Coronavirus

By
Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
64-year-old Nigerian woman dies of Coronavirus in the UK
Metro

64-year-old Nigerian woman dies of Coronavirus in the UK

By
Davies Ngere Ify
Dangote's Coronavirus Test result Revealed
National

Dangote announces his coronavirus test result

By
Adejayan Gbenga Gsong
100 Italian doctors have died of coronavirus
World News

100 Italian doctors have died of coronavirus

By
Davies Ngere Ify
WITHIN NIGERIA
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

 Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • World News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Health
  • Travel
Usefull Links
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with US
  • Complaint
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy

© . All Rights Reserved.