Woman allegedly kidnapped 48 hours to her wedding in Kano

A young woman, Amina Gwani Danzarga was allegedly kidnapped on Friday, two days to her wedding in Kano.

Amina was said to have been abducted on her way back from visiting her friend at Dorayi quarters where she went to drop her exams card.

The victim, who is a student of Federal College of Education, Kano, was last seen by her family members when she left her family house at Koki for school on Friday evening.

According to Daily Trust, Amina’s uncle, Danzarga said apart from two text messages earlier received from her telephone line, the family has not received any call from the girl or her abductors.

“Hours after she was declared missing, we received two different text messages, the first one was a threat not to call the girl’s number again and the second one was sent to her younger brother requesting to put her in their prayers as the other lady who was allegedly kidnapped together had been killed.

“We have not received any message again as her number is not going through.

“We are only praying to Allah Almighty to reveal anyone that has a hand in this kidnapping,” he said.

Reacting to rumour that Amina planned her abduction because she was not interested in the marriage, Aminu’s aunt, Hajiya Hajara Anas told Daily Trust that that her niece really loves her fiancé, as she was deeply involved in the wedding arrangements.

“She really loves her fiancé. Throughout last week, she was in my house for Gyaran Jikin (traditional body beatification).

“I took her to my neighbour who does Gyaran Jiki in Kofar Mazugal.

“You know a girl who doesn’t want the marriage or does not love the fiancé would not do it for marriage’s sake,” she added.

Dismissing the rumour of the planned abduction, fiancé of the victim, Umar Hassan, said Amina won’t do anything contrary to the teachings of Islam.

“I know the type of lady Amina is; a calm and obedient girl.

“She cannot do anything contrary to our religion.

“We love each other and both of us are eager to witness our wedding day,” he said.

Recalling his last moment with her, Hassan said he spoke with her few minutes before her abduction.

“I was driving when I called her but her line was not going through, and she later called me where we spoke on our wedding preparations, as the network was bad I promised to call her back as soon as I come back.

“When I came back, it was already 11 pm. I called her number but the number was not going through.

“I did not expect anything as I was thinking it was a network problem. The following morning I called her but the number was not connecting.

“It was later her elder brother called me and told me of what had happened, consoling me to remain calm and pray hard,” he added.


Follow Us on Google News

Get News Via Whatsapp

Get Updates Via Telegram

Got news tip? send us story



This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More