TRENDING IN 48-Hrs

Sale Mamman reveals why he stayed away from home after Buhari sacked him

Former minister of power, Sale Mamman has revealed why he stayed away from his residence after President Muhammadu Buhari sacked him.

Recall that Buhari sacked Sale Mamman alongside the minister of agriculture and rural development, Sabo Nanono on Tuesday.

Some media houses reported that Mamman collapsed and was admitted to a hospital in Abuja after he received the news of his dismissal.

Reacting to the development via an interview with BBC Hausa, the former minister refuted the claims and said he did not faint neither was he hospitalised.

Mamman said he had been suffering from an illness before the incident and that when he went to the doctor for a check-up, he was advised to take a rest.

“Even before this sack was announced, I was very unwell because I did not even go to the office earlier this week,” he said.

“So yesterday Wednesday and Thursday, I also went back to the hospital for a check-up, and the doctor told me I needed a break so so I remained at one place to rest.

“I found a serene and quiet environment to rest and take medication as recommended by the doctor. I didn’t stay at home because sympathisers are trooping to console me; this would prevent me from resting and convalescing on time.

“But I was also not hospitalised, and I did not faint as reported.”

MOST READ TODAY

Follow Us on Google News

Get News Via Whatsapp

Get Updates Via Telegram

Got news tip? send us story

POPULAR TODAY


Leave a comment

MORE STORIES

MORE STORIES

MORE VIDEOS

MORE STORIES