TRENDING IN 48-Hrs

Woman dies after husband sets Lagos home ablaze during fight

A woman, simply identified as Ebere, has reportedly lost her life after her husband allegedly set their apartment ablaze during a fight in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State.

It was gathered that an argument ensued between the couple, which degenerated into a fight and out of anger, the husband allegedly locked Ebere inside the apartment and set it ablaze.

Ebere was said to be shouting and writhing in pain when her husband, who could no longer bear his wife’s cry, attempted to open the door.

The intensity of the fire was said to have caught up with him as he opened the door to release his wife.

The victim, who suffered severe burns in her hand, chest and other parts of her body, was rushed to a hospital where she died.

According to PUNCH, a neighbour, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said he was sitting at his passage when Ebere suddenly ran downstairs, sat on the floor and wriggled in pain on October 9, 2021.

“We only saw that her hands were burnt; she was telling us to rush her to a hospital. So, we rushed her to the Aduraking Hospital and Maternity. It was when we got there that I discovered that her chest was also burnt. From there, she was referred to the Ikorodu General Hospital.

“The hospital used an ambulance to convey her to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, where she was admitted for treatment. After struggling for survival, she died a week after being hospitalised at LASUTH.

“Since then, we have not seen her husband. We learnt that he was also burnt and was receiving treatment in another hospital. No one knew anything was happening until his wife rushed downstairs with burnt hands. I don’t know the cause of the fight, but I have been reading different stories online,” the neighbour said.

A source in the area said that the fight between the couple bordered on allegations of infidelity.

“The fire also affected the husband. His wife, who was inside the building, could not survive the injuries she sustained when she got burnt. It was the husband that used petrol to set their apartment ablaze,” the source added.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu, said, “I just called the Owutu Divisional Police Officer, and was told that no case of such was reported.”

MOST READ TODAY

Follow Us on Google News

Get News Via Whatsapp

Get Updates Via Telegram

Got news tip? send us story

POPULAR TODAY


Leave a comment

MORE STORIES

MORE STORIES

MORE VIDEOS

MORE STORIES