Outlawed vigilante group razes apartment of Rivers’ monarch

One Chief Israel Anele has fled his home after members of the dissolved vigilante group in Obelle commumity, Emohua Local Area of Rivers State allegedly razed his residence.

Anele is a former acting Chairman of the Community Development Association in the area and ex-Divisional Police Officer.

Anele said that the disbanded vigilante group, code-named OSPAC was led by one ‘nakedwire’ to perpetrate the act.

He disclosed that the arsonists who arrived 4pm threw his 70-year-old aunt out of the building, removed all the burglary proof in his house before pouring petrol and setting his seven bedroom apartment  ablaze.

He said his only offence was that he spoke against the killing of his younger Nephew, identified as Darlington Worahu, a serving soldier who was allegedly killed by the local security outfit (OSPAC) operatives on the March 5, 2022, in Obelle community.

Chief Anele also disclosed that he fled the state after the members of the disbanded OSPAC trailed him to his Port Harcourt residence.

He stated, “At about 1600 hours, that is 4pm my aunt called me that ‘nakedwire’ and other OSPAC people that are remaining in Obelle that they went and set my building in the village ablaze containing everything I have in my life.

“On March 5, this OSPAC in Obelle shot dead my junior brother, an army officer serving in Niger State.

“I went to Rumuji police and reported the matter and from Rumuji to State CID.

“When they heard that the matter was in the state CID, they now held a meeting with some chiefs that the only way they will end the matter is to kill me.

“Since then, they have been trailing me and even chased me to my house outside the village.

“As I speak to you now, I am not even in Rivers State because they are hunting my life. But today (Sunday) what they did is that they went back and burnt my building which seven rooms in the village.

“My aunt who is 70 years and my other cousins who visited the village were the people that saw when they were cutting the whole burglary proof and windows before poured petrol and set the house on fire.”

The acting spokesman of the state’s police command, Grace Iringe-Koko, could not be reached for comments, as her mobile telephone number was not going through.

She had yet to reply a to test message sent to her as of the time of filing this report.


Follow Us on Google News

Get News Via Whatsapp

Get Updates Via Telegram

Got news tip? send us story


Leave a comment