A couple and their two children have reportedly died after a fire broke out at Laying Dangan Waya, in Rimaye area of Rigasa Community, Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
The tragic incident happened on Sunday night around 11pm while the couple identified as Musa and Zaliha with their four children were deep asleep in the room.
It’s gathered that two of their children sustained injuries but were rescued by neighbours.
A neighbour to the victims, who simply identified himself as Suleiman, said the fire started shortly after electricity was restored.
“Immediately they brought back the electricity around 11:pm, I heard a loud sound. I thought it was our transformer that made the sound, but I later saw smoke coming out of my neighbour’s room.
“We tried to put out the fire but unfortunately it had covered the whole room. Two children were rescued but the father, his wife and two other children died in the fire,” Daily Trust quoted him to have said.
The village head of Makera Community, Malam Isiaku Abdulwahab Umar, confirmed the incident, describing it as terrible.
He prayed for the souls of the victims and wished the two injured children quick recovery.
The victims have been buried according to Islamic rites.