Sudan’s ambassador to Nigeria, Muhammad Yusuf, invited Nigerians who had been evacuated to return to Sudan after the war.
The envoy spoke on Thursday, shortly after hundreds of citizens arrived at Abuja’s Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport.
The first group of approximately 376 evacuees arrived via military jet C13. More are on the way in the coming days.
Yusuf told them to think of Sudan as their second home, assuring them that the situation in Khartoum is improving.
The ambassador also expressed optimism that the army will soon regain control of the whole territory.
“I’m very happy to have these evacuees coming from Sudan safe, no life is lost. Nigerians are coming from their second country.
“I hope that things will be controlled and safety will be back. You can come back and continue your studies, and businesses,” he said.
Yusuf said although the government had proposed another truce, there would be no negotiations between the army and the Rapid Support Forces (RSF).
The acceptance of the truce, he explained, is for only humanitarian purposes to enable people to get food, shelter, water and medicine.