- Adamu disclosed that the fire incident consumed three phone shops, a stall, and part of a mosque in the area
- He said the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained
A fire outbreak has been recorded at the GSM market in Hadejia Local Government Area of Jigawa State.
The incident happened on Friday, according to spokesman of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), CSC. Adamu Shehu, who confirmed the incident
According to him, the incident happened at about 1030hrs, at Na Malam Zangi Shopping Complex, Bakin Kasuwa, Matsaro Ward opposite Sambajo Store, Hadejia Main Market.
Adamu disclosed that the fire incident consumed three phone shops, a stall, and part of a mosque in the area.
He said the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained but an eyewitness said it was a result of a spark from an electricity pole close to one of the shops.
The fire was, however, put out to prevent further escalation by the combined effort of the NSCDC disaster management response team, fire service personnel and residents living within the area.
He said no casualty was recorded but the inferno consumed property and valuables worth millions of naira.