- Confirmation of the incident came from her male friend who shared the news on Facebook
A 21-year-old female student, Maikeffi Redemption Sarah, a fourth-born in her family and a Microbiology undergraduate at Nasarawa State University (NSUK), reportedly tragically took her own life by ingesting a poisonous substance.
It’s believed that deep emotions and depression led to this heartbreaking incident, which occurred on a Friday evening at an off-campus lodge near the Family and Friends Hotel area, opposite Nasarawa State University, Keffi.
Confirmation of the incident came from her male friend who shared the news on Facebook, as reported by Vanguard.
“We spoke with her Thursday evening and she was to come to Akwanga from Keffi, attend a wedding today Saturday, then go back tomorrow Sunday, just for me to hear of her sudden death” he said.
It was gathered that some students and neighbours made efforts to save her from the unfortunate incident by using palm oil but it proved abortive.
The lifeless body of the deceased has since been deposited at the mortuary in Keffi.
A relative of the deceased also posted on Facebook, that she would be buried today Saturday in Akwanga, her country home.