First Bank makes it easier than ever to manage your money and transfer funds. In this article, we’ll walk you through the different methods of transferring money from First Bank. So, continue reading and get ready to take control of your finances.
How to Transfer Money From First Bank
Transferring money from First Bank can be a fast and convenient way to manage your finances. With the ability to transfer funds to other First Bank accounts, other banks, and international locations, First Bank makes it easy to manage your money and transfer funds.
There are various ways to Transfer Money from First Bank; they include;
- Via First Bank Transfer Code(*894#)
- Via First Bank App
- Via First Bank Online Banking
- Via WhatsApp
Let’s start with how to send money using the first Bank *894# Code.
How To Send Money Using The First Bank Transfer Code
Transferring money with First Bank couldn’t be easier. All you need is the First Bank Transfer Code, and you can send money from anywhere in just a few simple steps. Here’s how to do it:
- Dial *894*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number#
- For example, if you wish to send N7000 to someone, simply dial *894*7000*2345678901#
- Ensure you dial the code using the phone number linked to your First Bank account
- To authorize the transaction, enter your 5-digit transfer PIN
- Confirm the recipient’s account details for the final time and click on Proceed to send the funds.
The funds will be deposited in the recipient’s bank account immediately. Funds transfer to another First Bank account is free of charge. However, funds transferred to other banks will attract a fee of N10 only.
To utilize this service, you need to already have an active first bank account and activate the *894# USSD Code.
Here’s how to activate the first bank transfer code:
How to Activate the First Bank Transfer Code (*894#) on your Mobile Phone
Using the First Bank Transfer Code to send money can be a great way to quickly and easily move money around. It’s fast, secure, and easy to do. Here’s how you go about setting up your transfer code so that you can start transferring funds right away.
To activate the FirstBank USSD code, you must have the following available:
- A FirstBank account,
- A phone number linked to your FirstBank account, profiled for an SMS alert,
- Your linked debit card,
- Any mobile phone.
To activate the First Bank USSD banking code on your mobile phone, follow the procedures below:
- On your mobile phone and dial *894*0#.
- Ensure to dial the code using the phone number linked to your First Bank account
- A list of masked debit card digits will be displayed on your screen. These are your debit cards numbers
- Select your preferred debit card to proceed
- Enter the 4-digit transfer PIN of the selected debit card
- Now create your First Bank transfer PIN by inputting a 5-digit number
- Enter the 5-digit number once again for confirmation
- Your phone number will be automatically activated on the First Bank USSD banking service.
You can also use your First Bank transfer code to pay bills without having to stand in line or waste time at the bank branch.
How to Deactivate First Bank USSD Banking Code from Your Phone Number
If you need to deactivate your USSD code from your phone number, the process is super simple.
- Dial *894*911#.
- Press “1” Yes to place/confirm the blocking of First bank accounts.
- Type the Phone number registered to your First bank account, i.e. the missing number you’d like to block. Confirm, and the USSD service will be deactivated automatically.
That’s it; you’re done! Your USSD code has now been deactivated from your phone number, and you won’t be able to access First Bank USSD banking services on that phone anymore. If you decide later that you want to start using the USSD code on your phone again, just follow the same steps as before and reactivate it.
There are a few other things to keep in mind when it comes to deactivating the First Bank USSD code from your phone number. For example, if you transfer money using the USSD code before deactivating it, you’ll need to make sure that all transactions have been processed before deactivation. It’s also important to remember that if you change your SIM card or switch phones, you’ll also need to re-register or activate the First Bank USSD code on your new device in order to use it again.
How To Send Money Using The First Bank Mobile App
Sending money with First Bank’s mobile app is a breeze, but first, you need to Download the App on Play Store or App Store. To transfer money with First Bank Mobile App, follow the following steps:
Step 1: Log In
Log in to the app with your username and password, or use biometrics to authenticate.
Step 2: Click on Transfer
Once you’re in, select “Transfer”, then input the recipient’s bank name and account Number.
Step 3: Enter Recipient Bank Name and input the Amount
Enter the amount you want to send, Confirm the details of your transfer and input your “pin”.
Step 4: Click Confirm
Review security measures and confirm that all transaction details are correct before clicking “Confirm.” You’ll then receive a notification of your successful transaction!
Note that you need to already have an active first Bank account and also registered on the Mobile App before you can perform any transaction with this method.
Here’s how to register on the First Bank Mobile App:
How to Register for First Bank Mobile App
- Visit the Google play store or iOS App Store, or Blackberry App Market
- Install the FirstMobile App on your phone
- Register with your ATM card and your ATM pin
- You will receive an SMS with an OTP on your mobile number to verify the account
- Copy the OTP, enter it in the indicated field on the app and click “next.”
- Enter your m-pin code (This is a First Bank mobile App login pin)
- Enter a four-digit pin security (This will also be needed to make transactions in the First Bank Mobile App)
Transfer Money With First Bank Online Banking
You can make multiple transfers in one transaction with FirstOnline
1. Visit the first bank online portal
2. Enter your username and Password
3. Click on transfers
4. Input the recipient account number and amount
5. Verify all information to ensure it is accurate
6. Then submit
First Bank’s new customers need to register before they can make use of FirstOnline. The registration process is stated below.
How to register for first bank online banking
To register or enrol for the first bank,” FirstOnline”, follow the steps below.
1. visit the First Bank online portal
2. Enter your Card Number
3. Input your Card PIN
4 Enter Preferred User ID
5. Verification Code
6. Confirm the Verification Code
7. Click next and follow the on-screen prompts to complete your registration
How to transact on First Bank WhatsApp?
1. Add FirstBank on Whatsapp with 0812444400 and just say “Hi” to customer care. (Ensure that your WhatsApp number is the same number registered with the Bank)
2. Opt-in by accepting the Terms and Conditions
3. Input your account number
4. Validate using your debit card
5. Setup your WhatsApp PIN
6. Do your first transaction
Here are the transactions that can be done through WhatsApp
1. Check your balance
2. Send Money (Self & Others)
3. Pay Bills
4. Buy Airtime & Data
5. Generate your Mini-Statement (Coming Soon)
First Bank Customer Service Contact Information
You can contact the First Bank Customer Service by dialing 0700FIRSTCONTACT (0700-34778-2668228), 01-4485500, 0708-062-5000; SMS Short Code 30012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, FinancialInclusion@firstbanknigeria.com, Firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com should they require further information on the first Bank Quick Banking.
All in all, transferring money from First Bank is relatively straightforward. You have several options at your disposal to get your money where it needs to go quickly and securely. With their customer-friendly services, you can have peace of mind that your transactions will be safe and speedy. Whether you are transferring money to another account within First Bank or to an external account, your money will be where it needs to be in no time.
Keyword: How to Transfer Money From First Bank
Meta description: In this article, we’ll walk you through the different methods of transferring money from First Bank.