- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
- Photos from Nasarawa gas explosion
- 2019: Atiku escape mob action after submitting PDP nomination forms
- Photos of 3 APC LG chairman killed in auto crash in Saudi Arabia
- 2019: Saraki, Jonathan in closed door meeting
- Nollywood loses another actress, Uduak Akrah
- Nollywood loses another Veteran Actor, Chike Osuji
The CEO of StarTimes Nigeria, Mr Justin Zhang said the opportunities are enormous for Nollywood in China.
StarTimes is working with one of the major movie distributors in Nigeria and China is holding talks with the Minister of information, a top Nigerian Bank and other major players to see to a successful exportation of Nigerian movies to China. This was stated after a meeting with the Minister of Information and Culture in Abuja
“Apart from the fact that a lot of jobs will be created when this kicks off, it is also an opportunity for producers and actors in Nigeria to increase their earnings. Imagine if a Nollywood production is exported to the Chinese box office where over 45,000 movie screens exist, the opportunities are unending. It will be a dream come true for us at StarTimes to see Nollywood movies grossing up to $50 million in the box office someday.” Justin said.