- Nigeria economy is in bad shape, Buhari tells governors
- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
What Yorubas will get from PDP — New PDP chairman, Secondus reveals
Ahead of the 2019 general elections, the newly elected National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus, has promised the Yorubas that the South West region will get juicy positions in PDP government.
PDP Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus in addition to promising Yorubas juicy positions also said the party was searching for a presidential candidate that will unite the entire country.
In an interview with Punch Newspaper, Secondus said: “We want a President that must unite the country. There must be peace before you can govern. You can see that the All Progressives Congress-led Federal Government is totally broken. For peace to reign, we need to change it.
“There is no peace in the North-East, there is restiveness in the South-South and the South–East, herdsmen are killing people in the North-Central and even South-West every day, and there is no part of the country that is safe.
“We need a person that will, therefore, unite the country. Under the APC’s watch, the unity of the country is threatened. We will provide a credible platform for national unity.
“We are going to work hard to win in all the zones. The South-West will get juicy positions in the government if we win and we hope to win. I will not say anything more than that.”