- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
What Yorubas will get from PDP — New PDP chairman, Secondus reveals
Ahead of the 2019 general elections, the newly elected National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus, has promised the Yorubas that the South West region will get juicy positions in PDP government.
PDP Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus in addition to promising Yorubas juicy positions also said the party was searching for a presidential candidate that will unite the entire country.
In an interview with Punch Newspaper, Secondus said: “We want a President that must unite the country. There must be peace before you can govern. You can see that the All Progressives Congress-led Federal Government is totally broken. For peace to reign, we need to change it.
“There is no peace in the North-East, there is restiveness in the South-South and the South–East, herdsmen are killing people in the North-Central and even South-West every day, and there is no part of the country that is safe.
“We need a person that will, therefore, unite the country. Under the APC’s watch, the unity of the country is threatened. We will provide a credible platform for national unity.
“We are going to work hard to win in all the zones. The South-West will get juicy positions in the government if we win and we hope to win. I will not say anything more than that.”