- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Lukaku pays fine, apologizes to police after escaping jail term
Manchester United striker, Romelu Lukaku, has said he “deeply regrets” his behaviour and has reimbursed police for repeated callouts over loud partying in Beverly Hills, the player’s lawyer has said.
Lukaku was arrested after police responded to five noise complaints in as many days, at the home where he was staying in the summer.
His lawyer, Robert Humphreys, entered a no contest plea in court in Los Angeles on Monday and paid $450 (£336) to reimburse police for their time.
“Mr Lukaku deeply regrets any inconvenience he caused the city of Beverly Hills.
“And he’s pleased by this settlement to make amends for his past conduct and pleased to have the matter behind him,” Humphreys said after the hearing.
The incident happened shortly before the Belgium international moved to United in a £75million deal.