- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
I’ve never forged tax documents in my life, EFCC arrested me like a common criminal — Innoson boss, Chief Innocent Chukwuma
The Chief Executive Officer of Innoson Group of Companies, Chief Innocent Chukwuma has denied the allegation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, that he forged tax waiver documents.
The auto manufacturer, Chief Innocent Chukwuma also denied that he was ever invited by the EFCC, noting that throughout his ordeal with the agency, he was never told why he was arrested and humiliated.
He also confirmed that he was arrested like a common criminal and was taken to Lagos from Enugu in shorts and singlet. Fielding questions from newsmen at Akanu Ibiam International Airport on arrival in Enugu, yesterday, the industrialist said he was yet to decide on what he would do to the EFCC on his humiliation.
Chukwuma said: “I thank everybody, who fought on this matter. I was suprised that in the early morning, they (EFCC operatives) jumped into my house. I thought they were kidnappers or armed robbers but finally, I noticed it was EFCC. Around 7:30 am, they said they wanted to arrest me and I followed them to their office and up till now, they have not told me what offence I committed. “When I got there, they said I should go, but they didn’t tell me what I did.
“EFCC under Ibrahim Magu has never invited me, nobody invited me, they just jumped into my house. If they invited me, I would have answered them because I am a genuine businessman. I am an industrialist, I don’t have any skeleton in my cupboard. “That’s why I asked them to tell me what I did, but up till now, they have not told me what I did.
I said I will stay with them until they tell me what I did.” Asked if he was considering court action against the EFCC, Chukwuma said: “I don’t know for now if I will go to court against this unlawful arrest, but what I know is that they have not told me what I did. “I have never forged tax waiver documents in my life.
I pay all my taxes, I pay my duties;I am a genuine businessman; I’m an industrialist. “In due time, I will tell Nigerians the whole truth about this matter. I intend to work with EFCC on this alleged investigation, so as to clear my name, which has been badly damaged, and I will follow up this so-called investigation to its logical conclusion.”