- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Why SARS arrested singer PRAIZ — Lagos State Police Command
The Lagos State Police Command in a recent interview has explained why PRAIZ who has since been released was arrested.
Nigerian singer, Praiz, was arrested some few days ago by men said to be SARS operatives. This led to outrage by fans of the star who took to social media to demand his release.
Speaking to newsmen, the Lagos State Police Command Spokesperson, SP Chike Oti, said Praiz was driving along the Lekki-Epe expressway at top speed and this caused police officers to stop him with the aim of conducting a stop and search.
However, as soon as he stopped and they began questioning him, the police claim he immediately brought out his camera and began filming them while shouting at the top of his voice at them.
Oti said that at this point, police officers asked him to follow them to the station to explain what led to his outburst. Oti further revealed that it was police officers and not SARS officials who took Praiz to the station. The police spokesperson says the issue has since been resolved.