- Nigeria economy is in bad shape, Buhari tells governors
- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
Why SARS arrested singer PRAIZ — Lagos State Police Command
The Lagos State Police Command in a recent interview has explained why PRAIZ who has since been released was arrested.
Nigerian singer, Praiz, was arrested some few days ago by men said to be SARS operatives. This led to outrage by fans of the star who took to social media to demand his release.
Speaking to newsmen, the Lagos State Police Command Spokesperson, SP Chike Oti, said Praiz was driving along the Lekki-Epe expressway at top speed and this caused police officers to stop him with the aim of conducting a stop and search.
However, as soon as he stopped and they began questioning him, the police claim he immediately brought out his camera and began filming them while shouting at the top of his voice at them.
Oti said that at this point, police officers asked him to follow them to the station to explain what led to his outburst. Oti further revealed that it was police officers and not SARS officials who took Praiz to the station. The police spokesperson says the issue has since been resolved.