- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
1. Dora Akunyili
Dora was the Director General of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).
She gained international recognition for her work in public health, pharmacology and human rights. She also ran for election as a Senator for Anambra Central for APGA in April 2011 but lost. She died in an Indian hospital on the 7th of June 2014 after a battle with cancer.
2. Amaka Igwe
Amaka Igwe was an award winning acclaimed Nigerian filmmaker and broadcasting executive. She was the owner of Amaka Igwe Studios and Top Radio 90.9 Lagos. She was a stakeholder in the Nollywood industry. She died on 28th April 2014.