- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
- Breaking: Buhari, Weah meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Okorocha sworn in as Senator
1. Dora Akunyili
Dora was the Director General of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).
She gained international recognition for her work in public health, pharmacology and human rights. She also ran for election as a Senator for Anambra Central for APGA in April 2011 but lost. She died in an Indian hospital on the 7th of June 2014 after a battle with cancer.
2. Amaka Igwe
Amaka Igwe was an award winning acclaimed Nigerian filmmaker and broadcasting executive. She was the owner of Amaka Igwe Studios and Top Radio 90.9 Lagos. She was a stakeholder in the Nollywood industry. She died on 28th April 2014.