- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
9 Of Great Nigerian Women We Love But Lost
Every year is full of ups and downs, marriages, childbirths and sadly people’s deaths. Below are some of the famous Nigerian women who made an impact in the lives of others and the country before their deaths.
1. Dora Akunyili
Dora was the Director General of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).
She gained international recognition for her work in public health, pharmacology and human rights. She also ran for election as a Senator for Anambra Central for APGA in April 2011 but lost. She died in an Indian hospital on the 7th of June 2014 after a battle with cancer.
2. Amaka Igwe
Amaka Igwe was an award winning acclaimed Nigerian filmmaker and broadcasting executive. She was the owner of Amaka Igwe Studios and Top Radio 90.9 Lagos. She was a stakeholder in the Nollywood industry. She died on 28th April 2014.