- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
C. Ronaldo wins Globe Soccer Best Player award
Real Madrid forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, has won the Best Player of the Year accolade at the Globe Soccer Awards.
Ronaldo retained the award, making it four wins overall, after helping his club defend the Champions League and win the Liga title.
“It’s a special moment and I am very happy to receive this award.
“I would like to thank the coach, my teammates and Real Madrid. Thanks to the people that voted for me, and do the same next year!” the 32-year-old said after receiving the prize.
Ronaldo, who has scored 42 goals this year, was asked whether he had room for all his trophies and replied: “Don’t worry, I have a lot of space!”
The Portugal captain also won his fifth Ballon d’Or, the UEFA Best Player in Europe and FIFA’s The Best Award this year.
Real were named Club of the Year, with boss Zinedine Zidane collecting the Coach of the Year award.