- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
Sunday Oliseh suspended by Netherland club after four straight loses
After four straight losses, Netherlands’ second tier side Fortuna Sittard has suspended former Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh for what it describes “unacceptable actions”.
The club statement said, “several attempts by the club to encourage a change in the coach’s behaviour have unfortunately not worked, resulting in an unworkable situation.
The board of Fortuna Sittard emphasizes that the decision to suspend Sunday Oliseh is not motivated by the current sporting performance. The coach’s unacceptable actions have made cooperation between many people within the organization impossible from players to employees. Fortuna Sittard regrets the decision, but states that the club interest goes above all else.”
Oliseh in his reaction to the sack took to Twitter to say, ‘I confirm: Due to my refusal to participate in Illegal activities at Fortuna sittard & violate the Law,i have been Suspended from my duties as Coach by the Foreign Owners of Fortuna.Unfortunate for the lovely fans, my players & our hard fought phenomenal positioning for Promotion’.
Oliseh was appointed as Sittard coach in late December 2016. Sittard finished 17th in the 20-team league at the end of last season but are currently third in the table and are five points behind leader NEC.
I confirm: Due to my refusal to participate in Illegal activities at Fortuna sittard & violate the Law,i have been Suspended from my duties as Coach by the Foreign Owners of Fortuna.Unfortunate for the lovely fans, my players & our hard fought phenomenal positioning for Promotion
— Sunday Oliseh (@SundayOOliseh) February 14, 2018
With eight wins and just one loss earlier this season, the club actually won what is called the “second period” of the league, which is made up of four periods.