- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
Ghastly accident in Jigawa claims 10 lives
Ten persons were on Thursday confirmed dead with 10 others injured in a road accident which occurred around 11.30 am at Majiya town, Taura Local Government Area of Jigawa state.
The Spokesman of Jigawa Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, DSC Adamu Shehu, who confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria, said the accident involved a Sharon bus with registration number GWL 262 ZA and a Toyota Hilux van with number plate ZY 749 AGL.
Shehu said the cause of the accident is yet to be ascertained.
According to him, ‘‘Our men who conducted a rescue mission along with some good Samaritans in the area, attributed the cause to speeding and loss of control.
‘‘As at the time of giving this report, 10 people were confirmed dead; they include two children, one woman and seven men.
‘‘Ten others also sustained serious injuries and were rushed to Ringim General Hospital for prompt medical attention.
‘‘The Sharon bus is a commercial vehicle while the Toyota Hilux belongs to Wazobia Global Broadcasting and Communication FM Station”.