- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Ghastly accident in Jigawa claims 10 lives
Ten persons were on Thursday confirmed dead with 10 others injured in a road accident which occurred around 11.30 am at Majiya town, Taura Local Government Area of Jigawa state.
The Spokesman of Jigawa Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, DSC Adamu Shehu, who confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria, said the accident involved a Sharon bus with registration number GWL 262 ZA and a Toyota Hilux van with number plate ZY 749 AGL.
Shehu said the cause of the accident is yet to be ascertained.
According to him, ‘‘Our men who conducted a rescue mission along with some good Samaritans in the area, attributed the cause to speeding and loss of control.
‘‘As at the time of giving this report, 10 people were confirmed dead; they include two children, one woman and seven men.
‘‘Ten others also sustained serious injuries and were rushed to Ringim General Hospital for prompt medical attention.
‘‘The Sharon bus is a commercial vehicle while the Toyota Hilux belongs to Wazobia Global Broadcasting and Communication FM Station”.