- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Ghastly accident in Jigawa claims 10 lives
Ten persons were on Thursday confirmed dead with 10 others injured in a road accident which occurred around 11.30 am at Majiya town, Taura Local Government Area of Jigawa state.
The Spokesman of Jigawa Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, DSC Adamu Shehu, who confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria, said the accident involved a Sharon bus with registration number GWL 262 ZA and a Toyota Hilux van with number plate ZY 749 AGL.
Shehu said the cause of the accident is yet to be ascertained.
According to him, ‘‘Our men who conducted a rescue mission along with some good Samaritans in the area, attributed the cause to speeding and loss of control.
‘‘As at the time of giving this report, 10 people were confirmed dead; they include two children, one woman and seven men.
‘‘Ten others also sustained serious injuries and were rushed to Ringim General Hospital for prompt medical attention.
‘‘The Sharon bus is a commercial vehicle while the Toyota Hilux belongs to Wazobia Global Broadcasting and Communication FM Station”.