- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Ghastly accident in Jigawa claims 10 lives
Ten persons were on Thursday confirmed dead with 10 others injured in a road accident which occurred around 11.30 am at Majiya town, Taura Local Government Area of Jigawa state.
The Spokesman of Jigawa Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, DSC Adamu Shehu, who confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria, said the accident involved a Sharon bus with registration number GWL 262 ZA and a Toyota Hilux van with number plate ZY 749 AGL.
Shehu said the cause of the accident is yet to be ascertained.
According to him, ‘‘Our men who conducted a rescue mission along with some good Samaritans in the area, attributed the cause to speeding and loss of control.
‘‘As at the time of giving this report, 10 people were confirmed dead; they include two children, one woman and seven men.
‘‘Ten others also sustained serious injuries and were rushed to Ringim General Hospital for prompt medical attention.
‘‘The Sharon bus is a commercial vehicle while the Toyota Hilux belongs to Wazobia Global Broadcasting and Communication FM Station”.