- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
Jonathan, IBB, others absent at meeting with Buhari
Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, former military President, Ibrahim Babangida and ex-President Shehu Shagari were conspicuously absent at the time the Council of State meeting started at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Thursday.
Former leaders present when the meeting started at few minutes past 11:00 a.m. were Gen. Yakubu Gowon (retd) and Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar (retd).
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo arrived after the national anthem and the opening prayers were said.
The meeting was the third Council of State meeting held under President Muhammadu Buhari.
Also at the meeting are Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, former Chief Justices of Nigeria and Senate President, Bukola Saraki.
Governors of Adamawa, Benue, Kebbi, Jigawa, Delta, Lagos, Nasarawa, Abia, Sokoto, Imo, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Kano, Plateau, Ogun, Rivers, Zamfara, Ebonyi and Kaduna States are also attending the meeting.
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, was absent when the meeting started.
The meeting started when President Buhari arrived the Council Chamber and went round the place to shake hands with those present.
The first meeting under Buhari was held on October 21, 2015, while the second was held in September 2016.
The National Council of State is chaired by President Buhari, with Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo as Deputy Chairman.
The meeting was still in progress at the time of filing this report.