- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Igbos not fit for President, they are lazy thinkers — Prof. ABC Nwosu
Ex-Minister of Health, Prof A.B.C. Nwosu, has described Igbos as lazy thinkers, who are acting strangely ahead of the 2019 general elections.
According to Nwosu, Igbo were thinking that by merely supporting President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019, they will automatically become President in 2023.
Speaking with newsmen, Nwosu maintained that it would be difficult for an Igboman to emerge as President in 2023, because, “The Igbo are acting very strangely on 2019.
“They are some lazy thinkers, who think that if you let the present order continue, and after four years, you just go and pick it because it is your turn.
“It won’t happen that way. If the Igbo are not aggressive about who becomes president in 2019, and aggressive that they are in the centre of power, and they are represented in the centre of power, how can power where they are not represented be handed over to them in 2023?
“What if the power where they are not represented hands it over to another person? Then you see the persons again drag out their knives and matchetes and go into the local markets and start shouting, Enyimba Enyi.
“This is the time to struggle to be part of the presidency. They will either be the vice president completely and be represented in all national structures of power.”