- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Nigerians blast Buhari for attending Ganduje, Ajimobi children’s wedding in Kano
Nigerians have taken to social media, to express their anger over President Muhammadu Buhari’s trip to Kano, to attend the wedding of Governor Abdullahi Ganduje’s daughter, Hajiya Fatima and her groom, Idris Ajimobi.
Some Nigerians are not pleased that the president has overlooked some of the tragedies happening around the country, including the recent abduction of school girls in Dapchi, Adamawa state and Boko Haram bombing an Internally Displaced Camp (IDP) in Rann, Borno state.
Buhari, who stood for the groom, gave out the N50,000 dowry to Ahmed Bola Tinubu, who represented the bride at the occasion.
The wedding proceedings were conducted by the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II and supported by the Chief Imam of Kano, Prof. Sani Zaharaddeen.
Here are some of the reactions from Twitter:
@femiTRIP: Jonathan was in Kano after a bomb blast. We cried our eyes out and insulted him to the highest heavens. Buhari in Kano to attend a wedding. Refused to visit Benue and Yobe. No noise.
@UNCLE_AJALA: President Buhari is in Kano for the wedding of Fatima Ganduje, daughter of Kano State Governor. The same Buhari couldn’t visit Benue & Taraba where many Nigerians were killed by Fulani Herdsmen, he’s yet to visit Dapchi where over 100 girls were kidnapped by boko haram.
@Bar_Baric: President Buhari is in Kano for the wedding of Fatima Ganduje, daughter of Kano State Governor. The same Buhari couldn’t visit Benue & Taraba where many Nigerians were killed by Fulani Herdsmen, he’s yet to visit Dapchi where over 100 girls were kidnapped by boko haram.
@sameer_gaya: Schoolgirls were abducted last week in Dapchi, before that there were killings in several parts of the country like Benue, Zamfara and Adamawa also previous night there were killings in IDP camp in Maiduguri and Buhari did not visit d states, but decided to for wedding in Kano
@DrAgboEmmanuel: Buhari in Kano for Ganduje’s daughters wedding. This is insensitivity at a scale unprecedented and unknown in contemporary politics anywhere the world over.
@el_bonga: It’s totally unwise for Buhari to have gone to Kano for a wedding when he’s yet to visit Yobe (where some girls were abducted) and places like Borno, Mambila, Benue, Zamfara etc. where several people died. The critics have been given something to talk about.
@AHayatu: Someone pls confirm to me that Buhari is not going to Kano for a wedding. Pls let this not be true, oh Lord!