- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
Why Senate rejected me — EFCC chairman, Ibrahim Magu
The acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, says the reason why the senate has rejected his nomination twice is because he is doing his job very well.
The Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, has on two occasions, stated that despite the senate’s position on his nomination, Magu is going nowhere. Osinbajo last year stated that the presidency can even confirm Magu without the input of the senate.
Speaking on Channels Television recently, Magu said he is not deterred by the delay in his confirmation.
“I don’t think my non-confirmation has given the public a cause for concern. I think it is a lot of encouragement. The fact that I am not confirmed shows I am working. Really. In the anti-corruption environment, if they rush to confirm you, it means you are not doing your work properly.” Magu said
The EFCC acting chairman went on to say that ”a number of the people we are investigating are also in the national assembly. I am not completely distracted. It is not an issue. Rather, it gives me courage. You wake up in the morning and see some terrible publications about you. Despite all these, we are determined to go ahead. I cannot be distracted with those things. Nobody can purchase me, I cannot compromise what I am doing.”