- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
Bauchi community mob lawmaker, Hon. Haliru Jika, for donating fairly used Transformer, says they’re wise now
Residents of Soro in Ganjuwa LGA of Bauchi State have reject a donation of modern electricity transformer from Hon. Haliru Jika, Chairman House Committee on Police Affairs, at the Federal House of Representatives.
It was gathered that restive mobs Soro attacked the reps member, Hon. Haliru Jika in the process of his visit.
According to eyewitness, Mallam Adamu Mohammed, who said residents rejected the reps transformer for failing to reciprocate votes in 2015.
” Don’t mind the politician. He has never one day come to Soro after his victory in 2015 only for him to bring a fairly used electricity transformer when 2019 elections gathers momentum. We are not kids” Adamu thundered.
However, all efforts to confirm the incident from Hon. Haliru Jika failed as his lines were not available for comment