- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
31-yr-old man arrested for raping 9-year-old girl in Bayelsa (Photo)
Child defilement cases surge in Bayelsa as another case of child abuse was recorded. Police has arrested a 31-year-old man for allegedly raping a 9-year-old girl.
According to Eyewitness, Kathryn Eyitemi who narrated the story, the incident took place on Thursday, March 8, and the child needed urgent medical attention for injuries she sustained.
This is not the first or the tenth case of child rape that has been reported in Bayelsa State in the last one year.
Many of the cases remain unreported and there are reasons for this, one of which is the stigma associated with it.
In fact, the Bayelsa State Government, worried by the surge in on defilement of minors, rape of girls, last month, inaugurated a special committee to work with the Nigerian Police to ensure prompt prosecution of all suspects mentioned in such cases.
The Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Wodu Kemenasuode, who inaugurated the Committee to be headed by Mrs. Pere Egbuson, said the several complaints of such offences flooding the Ministry called for a special committee to track such cases to ensure victims get justice.
Read report below:
“My Bayelsa people please naa,
We need to battle this madness!!!.
Rape of minors on daily basis ?
Reports reaching me now:
Just Yesterday. This 31 year old man who is currently in police custody raped this nine year old child.
This man might likely be let off the hook because the police there is no one to push the case for the poor family of the victim.
What’s even worse is that the child is physically damaged and needs urgent medical attention because of the brutal nature of the rape.
Should we continue to keep silent and allow evil to thrive????