- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
- Gunmen in military uniform attacks Naka community in Benue, sets houses ablaze
- Appeal court freezes Fayose’s bank account
- Photos: Police arrest Senator Omo-Agege after Thugs cart away Senate mace during plenary
- Tragedy: Gunmen killed 4 policemen in Benue, 11 others missing (photos)
- Fresh Strike: Killer Herdsmen murder village head in Benue
- Another Popular Nollywood Actor, Tony Aleg is dead
- FG confirms Anambra as oil producing state, approves employment for 10,000 youths
- Swazi king’s 8th wife, Senteni Masango commits suicide
Igbo will be major beneficiaries of Buhari’s second term — VON DG, Osita Okechukwu
Director General of Voice of Nigeria, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, has said Nd’Igbo would be the major beneficiaries of President Muhammadu Buhari’s second term in office.
Apex socio-political body of the Igbo, Ohanaeze Nd’Igbo, had, in a recent statement, said it was only interested in restructuring, and has not taken any decision on the 2019 elections.
Speaking in Enugu on Sunday, Okechukwu, a member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, advised Igbo to back Buhari for a second term, as, according to him, restructuring was already on the agenda of the Buhari-led Federal Government.
The VON boss added that Igbo should support Buhari’s second term bid in order to have a chance of producing his (Buhari’s) successor in 2023.
Although the President is yet to declare his intention to go for another term, Okechukwu expressed certainty that Buhari would seek re-election.
Apparently reacting to Ohanaeze’s declaration that it was only concerned with restructuring, and was not thinking of the 2019 polls, Okechukwu said, “Restructuring is not a one-day event, but the golden opportunity of Buhari being the only Northerner, going by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and the zoning convention, with only four years that ends in 2023, is a matter of fact.
“Voting for any other Northerner means postponement of the golden opportunity which Mr. President’s re-election offers Nd’Igbo.”