- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
Policeman punched by a Soldier dies during funeral in Delta state
A Nigerian policeman has died shortly after being punched by a soldier at a burial ceremony in Sapele, Delta state.
The police officer identified as Mr. Imomoh was reportedly at the burial when a group of soldiers began shooting in the air repeatedly. Imomoh, who was not dressed in his uniform, reportedly walked up to one of the soldiers and asked him to stop shooting as he could accidentally hit someone.
The soldier, unaware that Imomoh was also an officer, got angry at the confrontation and punched him in the chest. A fight almost broke out but Imomoh was held back by onlookers. However, just as he was leaving the scene, he slumped and died. Upon seeing him on the floor, the soldiers reportedly fled the scene.
An investigation into the matter has been launched in order to apprehend the soldiers responsible for Imomoh’s death.