- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Policeman punched by a Soldier dies during funeral in Delta state
A Nigerian policeman has died shortly after being punched by a soldier at a burial ceremony in Sapele, Delta state.
The police officer identified as Mr. Imomoh was reportedly at the burial when a group of soldiers began shooting in the air repeatedly. Imomoh, who was not dressed in his uniform, reportedly walked up to one of the soldiers and asked him to stop shooting as he could accidentally hit someone.
The soldier, unaware that Imomoh was also an officer, got angry at the confrontation and punched him in the chest. A fight almost broke out but Imomoh was held back by onlookers. However, just as he was leaving the scene, he slumped and died. Upon seeing him on the floor, the soldiers reportedly fled the scene.
An investigation into the matter has been launched in order to apprehend the soldiers responsible for Imomoh’s death.