- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
- Masked policemen whisk Dino Melaye away from hospital
- Emir of Lafia, Isah Mustapha Awgai is dead
- Pandemonium in Katsina community as Gunmen on motorcycles kill four
Policeman punched by a Soldier dies during funeral in Delta state
A Nigerian policeman has died shortly after being punched by a soldier at a burial ceremony in Sapele, Delta state.
The police officer identified as Mr. Imomoh was reportedly at the burial when a group of soldiers began shooting in the air repeatedly. Imomoh, who was not dressed in his uniform, reportedly walked up to one of the soldiers and asked him to stop shooting as he could accidentally hit someone.
The soldier, unaware that Imomoh was also an officer, got angry at the confrontation and punched him in the chest. A fight almost broke out but Imomoh was held back by onlookers. However, just as he was leaving the scene, he slumped and died. Upon seeing him on the floor, the soldiers reportedly fled the scene.
An investigation into the matter has been launched in order to apprehend the soldiers responsible for Imomoh’s death.