- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Policeman punched by a Soldier dies during funeral in Delta state
A Nigerian policeman has died shortly after being punched by a soldier at a burial ceremony in Sapele, Delta state.
The police officer identified as Mr. Imomoh was reportedly at the burial when a group of soldiers began shooting in the air repeatedly. Imomoh, who was not dressed in his uniform, reportedly walked up to one of the soldiers and asked him to stop shooting as he could accidentally hit someone.
The soldier, unaware that Imomoh was also an officer, got angry at the confrontation and punched him in the chest. A fight almost broke out but Imomoh was held back by onlookers. However, just as he was leaving the scene, he slumped and died. Upon seeing him on the floor, the soldiers reportedly fled the scene.
An investigation into the matter has been launched in order to apprehend the soldiers responsible for Imomoh’s death.