- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
Gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen have killed Mrs Funke Olakunrin, the 58-year-old daughter of Afenifere leader, Chief Ruben Fasoranti.
According to an eyewitness account, Olakunrin died of gunshot from suspected Fulani herdsmen who shot her at Ore junction in Ondo State earlier on Friday.
However, police sources confirmed the killing but blamed it on armed robbers.
The Afenifere also confirming the killing of their leader’s daughter through its National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odumakin, affirmed the eyewitness account.
“Information available said the daughter of Baba was attacked by fulani herdsmen along Ore road.
“She was said to be coming from Lagos to commiserate with a relation in Ondo,” Odumakin said.
According to him, “eyewitness accounts said she died of gunshot from Fulani herdsmen who shot her at Ore junction in Ondo State earlier today.
“She was coming from Akure when the armed Fulani herdsmen came from the bush to attack her and other vehicles.
Her domestic staff in the car with her sustained gunshot injuries too.
This is one death too many and a clear indication that we can take it -no more.