- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen have killed Mrs Funke Olakunrin, the 58-year-old daughter of Afenifere leader, Chief Ruben Fasoranti.
According to an eyewitness account, Olakunrin died of gunshot from suspected Fulani herdsmen who shot her at Ore junction in Ondo State earlier on Friday.
However, police sources confirmed the killing but blamed it on armed robbers.
The Afenifere also confirming the killing of their leader’s daughter through its National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odumakin, affirmed the eyewitness account.
“Information available said the daughter of Baba was attacked by fulani herdsmen along Ore road.
“She was said to be coming from Lagos to commiserate with a relation in Ondo,” Odumakin said.
According to him, “eyewitness accounts said she died of gunshot from Fulani herdsmen who shot her at Ore junction in Ondo State earlier today.
“She was coming from Akure when the armed Fulani herdsmen came from the bush to attack her and other vehicles.
Her domestic staff in the car with her sustained gunshot injuries too.
This is one death too many and a clear indication that we can take it -no more.